BAND BOOSTERS | BOARD MEMBERS | COMMITTEES & CHAIRS | SECTION PARENTS | VOLUNTEER
The Franklin High School Band Boosters exist to support and advance the interests of the Franklin High School Band, specifically through fundraising and volunteering.
Here are some of the ways we lend our support:
- Purchase, clean and repair band and guard uniforms
- Purchase and repair instruments and equipment
- Provide transportation to many events away from FHS
- Chaperone camps and events away from FHS
- Provide water to band members during rehearsals, camp days and competitions
- Provide medical personnel during band events and trips
- Enhance the band room (install shelves, clean trophies, etc.)
- Provide auxiliary staff throughout the year
- Assist with trips and events away from FHS
- Encourage our students
- Attend games and contests
- Wear band-branded clothing
- Compliment students for a job well done and lend a sympathetic ear
- Cheer for The Franklin Band and every other band
Here are our main fundraisers that require parent support and participation:
- Friends of the Franklin Band program
- Annual Raffle
- S. Flag Subscription program
- Car Wash Extravaganza
- Sonic Boom Marching Band Competition
- Concession stand – all home football games
- Grocery purchases through loyalty programs (Kroger, Publix)
- Amazon Smile
- Parking at downtown Franklin festivals
The Band Boosters meet monthly. Booster meetings are used to keep parents informed about what is happening, where help is needed, the condition of our finances, and other items of importance and interest. They also provide a forum for your ideas, suggestions, and questions. The highlight of each meeting is a time for our directors to update us about the band program and upcoming band events.
The Boosters and the Directors recognize that everyone has commitments in addition to band. It does, however, take a lot of work to keep our band running. We ask each parent to devote some time to the volunteer opportunities available. If every parent pitches in, it lightens the load for everyone. We guarantee that, at the very least, you will find it rewarding and worthwhile. There are opportunities to fit all circumstances and schedules. Whether you commit just an occasional few hours, or volunteer at every available opportunity, we need you. We encourage you to pick an activity that sounds interesting or one where you have a special skill. Click on the Volunteer link above to check out the many volunteer opportunities and sign up!
We use several means of communicating with parents, but email is our main avenue of communication. It is, therefore, very important that we maintain current emails for all of our band parents. Please make sure we have an active email address for everyone in your family who will need to receive band information.
To our new band parents, welcome! We know that walking into a fairly large, existing group can be a little unnerving, but you will find us to be open, warm, and welcoming. We celebrate your arrival at Franklin High School and relish the opportunity to get to know you. As you are acclimating yourselves to our program, feel free to reach out to any Booster Board member or section parent (click links above). We will all be happy to help you!