There are several band events this week and here are the details:
- Symphonic Band (2nd, 4th, and 5th Periods) give an open rehearsal at the Band Booster Meeting. Students should arrive at 6:45 and the rehearsal/meeting begins at 7. Students should wear school clothes.
- On Wednesday, members of the 2013 “Out of Darkness” Marching Band will travel to the State Capitol to meet with Governor Bill Haslam. He’ll be presenting the Governor’s Cup to us, followed by a photo shoot.
- Students will need to bring uniform parts to school on Wednesday. Color Guard students will wear warm up suits for this event.
- Students will be leaving school after lunch and will return to school by 5:30.
- This Saturday is the inaugural Williamson County Fine Arts Festival at the Factory. Our 4th period woodwinds and 5th period brass classes will be performing.
- Students should arrive at the Factory at 2:45 (don’t be late) and their performance begins at 3. It will be over by 3:30. Students should dress nicely. Shirt and slacks for gentlemen, dress or dress slacks for ladies. No jeans or tennis shoes.
- Also on Saturday our percussion ensemble will attend the Tennessee Day of Percussion at Belmont University. Mr. Holland will be communicating those details at rehearsal tomorrow.
This Saturday, March 15, we will be filming a movie titled The Secret Handshake. The particular scene we are in recreates halftime at a high school football game. For that, our band will have an afternoon rehearsal where we prepare for the shoot, followed by a session with the director, and then shooting begins around 6. For the shoot, we need extras to fill the home stands so please reach out to friends and family that might have attended our friends and family night performance back in November. This is a great chance to show off your acting chops!
Here are the details:
- 1:30-3:30 pm
- Wear rehearsal clothing.
- Eat/Change into uniform (Bring all uniform parts)
Rehearsal with the Director
- This is where he’ll plan camera angles and such.
- Wear Franklin High SWAG. Avoid clothes with obvious branding. No huge Nike swooshes, for example.
- 6 pm
- The big crowd scenes will be shot first. After the big shots are over, many extras can leave.
- Food will not be provided, so plan to bring your own water, dinner and snacks.
- Extras must be friends or family of Franklin High School students.
- Extras must have a ticket to get into shooting.
- Tickets will be made available to our students and parents, and will be available on site on the day of shooting.
- Once stadium capacity has been reached, we will close the gates. Those that arrive after gates have been closed will be turned away.
- Extras are expected to behave themselves. Those that misbehave will be ejected.
- For questions, email Linda Brown.
- This is a family film, PG rating, and the filming will be a great experience for us!
We have a rather short, but substantial history at Music For All’s National Festival. Each year since 2009 at least one Franklin band student has been selected to either Honor Band of America or Honor Orchestra of America, and both our Wind Ensemble and Percussion Ensemble performed (by invitation) at the 2013 event.
This year we have three students in HBOA. Pictured left to right are Cameron Drury-senior tuba, Ryan Fisher-sophomore clarinet and Mikaela Ray-junior horn.
Congrats to these students for this great achievement!